Here is a list of some of the most common job interview questions that you might encounter in English. We’ve included some help with how to respond and a translation in Spanish
- What can you tell me about yourself?
¿Qué puedes contarme sobre ti?
Advice: Be specific and compelling. Give two or three specific accomplishments relevant to the post.
- Can you list your strengths?
¿Puedes enumerar tus fortalezas?
Advice: Be truthful and relevant. Use specific qualities not generalizations like “good with people” or “work well in a team”.
- What weaknesses do you have?
¿Cuáles son tus debilidades?
Advice: don´t be to negative or trivial. Use something that you have found difficult but are learning to improve and eager to do so.
- Why should I consider hiring you?
¿Por qué debería contratarte?
Advice: You can do the job, deliver results and you fit in with the culture of the company.
- Why do you want to work here?
¿Por qué quieres trabajar aquí?
Advice: Identify roles in the post and company to which you believe you are suited.
- Where do you see yourself in five years from now?
¿Dónde te ves dentro de 5 años?
Advice: Show ambition but be realistic. Relate your ambition to the post you are applying for.
- What do you know about the company?
¿Qué sabes de la empresa?
Advice: Do your homework so you can use pure facts and positive achievements.
- Tell me about a challenge or conflict you’ve faced in the past and how you’ve dealt with it.
Háblame de un desafío o conflicto al que te hayas enfrentado en el pasado y cómo lo resolviste.
Advice: Explain the problem and why you considered it difficult.
- Why are you leaving or did you leave your last job?
¿Por qué quieres dejar tu actual trabajo?/¿Por qué dejaste tu último trabajo?
Advice: Be honest, put your actions in a positive light. Do not criticize your previous employer too much.
9 most common interview questions in English